Friday, August 29, 2008

There's a Hur'cane a'comin folks!



Just in case you don't have a television or radio or Internet (though you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't have Internet, now would you?) There's a hurricane a comin!!! My prayer is that it will just die down and do minimal damage, but it sure doesn't look that way!

Enjoy the hot sunshiny weather this weekend, b/c I'm sure it will rain ALL next week. My flowers sure do look good though - thanks to Fay.

Can New Orleans take any more? How sad to have to go through this again. I'm thankful I don't live there, but I have lots of friends in Dothan and I know how bad it can get there during a hurricane and it's 90 miles north of the ocean (gulf). I do have family in Florida, so I hope they're prepared.

It's bad enough here with all the rain and tornadoes - we sure do get a lot of tornadoes here. Don't plan on watching any tv next week, b/c all that will be on is weather. That's okay with me - I've always been fascinated with severe weather (no I'm not sick, it's just something that amazes me!)


The children and the dog will be going crazy before too long again - just gazing outside wanting to know when they can go "sing" (swing in Wilson's language) I can't tell you how many times he asked me to swing last week - and all I could say was it's raining honey - all wet!!! He doesn't understand - he would have loved to swing in the rain - me, not so much!


I'm really not pessimistic at all, actually I'm very much an optimist! I love a rainy day, I just hope there's not much damage from Gustav - that just breaks my heart! Enjoy this hot summer weather for the next 3 days, because he's a comin! Go away Gustav, and don't even think about it Hannah! Let's start prayin!


Roll Tide!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you live now??

and cooped up kids is a terrible thing. wait until little man is the age of big man. 2 cooped up boys is the worst kind of mama punishment!

Anonymous said...

sure is!! my s.i.l. is in tuscaloosa, though! (micah's oldest sister.)

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!