Thursday, August 7, 2008

These ones I love!

How can these 3 come from the same parents yet be so different?




Emma Claire is the compliant one who tries really hard to always do what's right. Responsible she is - even as a just turned 2 year old, I could trust her with her newborn brother. She is very even keel - never gets too upset or too excited. Didn't smile regularly until she was 1 year old (sad huh)? Only occasionally do you see her competitive spirit come out in anger when things don't go her way.









Wilson, on the other hand, is always the life of the party. Very extreme in all senses. You definitely know if he's happy - all smiles and excitement- or angry - hitting anything in sight, throwing himself on the floor. ( His sister has NEVER done that). You never know quite what to expect next with Wilson!!!












Henderson is a very laid back little baby - sleeps 13 hours every night, rarely cries, and sucks his thumb - neither of the others sucked on anything - and both were very high maintenance babies! There is hope that he will be very responsible like his sister, yet he smiles alot like his brother!






Emma Claire was born 2 months early and has always been eager to learn, can sit through anything - we took her everywhere as an infant and toddler and she never gave us any trouble! She can sleep anywhere and everywhere - cars, tubes on the lake (being pulled behind a boat)- yes! - Alabama basketball and football games, kitchen table - you name she has fallen asleep there! She loves to watch movies and plays. Very calm demeanor!





Wilson has never been still (other than sleeping, which he does very little these days) for more than 15 minutes. He's visited maybe 2 restaurants in his entire life and he can climb ANYTHING!!! Nothing stops Wilson and he's good at everything he does - climbing and running especially. He gets very frustrated when he can't do something on his own (i.e dress himself). He rolled over at 4 weeks and hasn't stopped since.





Henderson doesn't nap great all the time(like brother), but night times have been great since day 1(like sister). He also rolled over at 4 weeks, but does seem laid-back and happy. We'll see if he has his brothers' excellent climbing abilities in about 9 months!









Emma Claire can eat like a champ and has always been a good eater - drank bottles well and ate solid food well from the beginning. She is very neat and hates for her hands and face to be dirty (oh! how I love this about her!)







Wilson would rather do anything than eat, and at nearly 2 years old and only 20 pounds, you can definitely tell. He has lately developed a liking for icing and ice cream - just what you love to feed your children! We have been through countless doctors appoointments and surgical procedures to find the underlying cause of this and have found NOTHING, except that he is genetically small (I am 5 ft tall) but alas, dad is 6'4"????? He is a terrible eater - some days he eats nothing that I can recall, but he does love his milk - especially out of a bottle, which we are trying really hard to wean from- but when he won't eat, you kind of feel sorry for him after while!!?











Henderson is an OKAY eater - he nurses great and takes a bottle great, but like his brother he only takes about 2 ounces at a time. The only difference is that he doesn't scream all the time after eating like Wilson did. He has reflux and spits up all the time, but he eats his 2 ounces about every hour!!!!! He is on the growth chart at about the 25%. (Unlike Wilson at -10%)!!!









My 3 angels - so different yet so alike and loved so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute Kellie! I love the one of Henderson sucking his thumb. Precious! It sounds like Wilson is alot like Brooks. I can't take him to restaurants either. I have tried and paid dearly for it! I hoping with age will come maturity and he'll be able to sit for over 30 minutes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is Brenna, I saw your comment on Darby Sticklers blog and I actually Do have a blog but I almost never use it. I do live in Tuscaloosa but only until tomorrow! I am graduating on Saturday and moving back to Fl. I wish I would have read the comment earlier! I will try to find my password and log in. I am sure I will be coming back to visit T-town some day.-Brenna

Anonymous said...

Kellie,
I also saw your comment on Darby's blog and figured you were the Kellie I knew. Your family is beautiful! Hopefully we'll see you in Tuscaloosa some this fall. Tell Will that Nick and I said hello!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie! Jeff played bball with Will the other night and really enjoyed it! I found your blog off of Jennifer Hornsby's website. I loved catching up with your family! Wilson and my 18 month old, Ellie Kate, sound a lot alike so we need to get them together! Hope you are doing well and maybe we can get together soon now that we are in Tuscaloosa. I think we live close to you guys:). My email is Norris84@gmail.com.

Rachel Wood Norris

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!