Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Potty Training Tales

This afternoon, Emma Claire had dance at 1:00, so I picked all the children up from school and took her into dance (after running back home to get the baby doll and stroller she was supposed to take to practice for the recital with). After her dance had started I took the boys to a clothing store next door that has recently changed from a retail children's and maternity boutique to consignment. I was looking around, talking to the owner and my SIL, Ellen came in with her boys. The children were running around WILD but having a good time and being relatively good. There was a little "playroom" in the back and they were somewhat contained in there. As I was talking to the owner and my SIL, Wilson came up to me with only the shirt half of his short set on - he had taken his shorts and pull-up off and was standing there for all the world to see (and I might add the store was fairly crowded at this point). I ran back to the "playroom" horrified at what I might find, and Wilson had taken everything off and peed on TOP of his shorts. All I could think was that he at least had the right idea. BUT, b/c this was kind of an impromptu visit and b/c I had already gone by the house, I had unloaded all their bags and had no wipes, no diapers, no changes of clothes.... so holding Henderson I calmly walked Wilson out into the front of the store and out the front door, quietly smiling and saying bye to everyone I saw. On my way out the door I ran into my dear friend Ashley and we both pretty much were laughing hysterically - but she said the same thing I thought - "at least he had the right idea". So Wilson rode home half naked and I learned to laugh at the little things!



Wilson got a new change of clothes (this time play clothes) and we enjoyed the warm day outside!





























If you could, lift my friend Amber up in your prayers. She was 16 weeks pregnant with twins and lost them both today. She lost a lot of blood and has possibly had to have a blood transfusion and is in the hospital in B'ham. She has a 3 year old son. I can't imagine the grief with any loss. There are a lot of families out there who have lost much, and I pray God will touch them in a BIG way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

first thing's first...i am SOOOOO sorry to hear about your friend. i can't imagine that devestation. i will be praying for her family.

second...that little wilson. what a stinker!!

Anonymous said...

Priceless story!! Will lift your friend up in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will definitely be praying for them. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

Wilson did have the right idea and thank goodness he didn't poop in there! That's another BIG bright side. How funny though - I'm so glad you can laugh too. I can assure you that everyone around totally empathized with what was going on.

The flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Lauren (Green) Justiss. I ran across your blog and it's great to see you. You have a beautiful family! I'll say a prayer for your friend.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend's babies. I'll be praying for them. Bless Wilson's heart...and yours...too funny of a story. How is Henderson doing?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend!

I love the new family picture. You are so blessed. You have such a beautiful family! I love the way you dress those perfect children:)

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!