Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Missing a little girl

I am missing this sweet little face tonight.
She left Sunday afternoon to go to the beach with her Aunt Ellen, cousins (Chandler, Patton, and Mills) and Nana. She is having the time of her life - swimming in the indoor pool, playing in the sand, bungee jumping, shopping, eating, playing, laughing. I miss her. Wilson keeps asking where Emma Claire is and Henderson keeps looking around, like he's waiting for someone else. I can only imagine what it's like to lose a child. Here I sit, missing her, but knowing she's only 5 hours away, and God willing, will be back in 2 days. I have seen pictures of her on Facebook everyday that my dear SIL posts with her cell phone. I have talked with Ellen and Di Anna multiple times a day, and I know everything she's said and done (for the most part). Still, it feels like a part of my own body is missing - this sweet sweet child, who I cuddle with every night and who makes me laugh with her funny comments and questions.
SO, in honor of Emma Claire (and in case she is homesick and is able to look at the blog from a computer at the beach) here are some pictures of her bedroom!










This is my favorite room of the house - literally - I picked out everything for this room and my mom made much of it - it is a forever room (I hope), not too childish, but girly enough for a girly girl. She has been in this room since she was 24 months old (well, not this EXACT room - 2 houses later, but the same furniture and bedding, etc.). I love you Emma Claire and I miss you! Have fun, be sweet and be safe!

10 comments:

Ford Family said...

the few times that Mackenzie has been away from home...I have been told, "stop calling..she is fine!" I know how you feel...we love our babies! :)
P.S. Love her room..so pretty!!! M has a doll house like that & loves it!

Darby said...

Oh... I know you're missing your angel! Her bedroom is beautiful! And... Erika was the strange anonymous commenter on the blog about the deoderant ... and she did several more. She's such a kook! Don't miss your baby too much!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I bet you do miss her!!! I LOVE her room!

Ivy said...

You are so cute! I'm sure she is missing you just as much! I LOVE Emma Claire's room!!!!!!!!! Those are some of my favorite colors.

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through anothers....I have enjoyed reading it! Your kids are such cuties.

Katie said...

:) I have seen her pics on FB too. It looks like she is having a blast! And bungee jumping?? What a brave little girl. Love you sis! Hope to see you this weekend!

Sue said...

Ellen's pics on FB are making me want to go to the beach! It looks like EC is having fun, though! I love her room...want to come decorate Carter's "big boy" room before our baby comes? :)

Leigh Collins said...

I saw the pictures of her yesterday on Facebook! I couldn't believe! What is it about 1st children and their dare devil personalities!?

CarolinaGirl said...

I bet she is having a ball! Her room is just beautiful and I love her huge doll house.

Allyson said...

Is your sweetie coming home today. I know you all miss her. It's really sad to see siblings wander around looking so lost without one of the others.

Her room is beautiful! I Love the bunny photo above her bed. I have the same one hanging in my bathroom - using the same blue/brown combo.

I hope your friend is doing okay! We've had several more friends lose parents or grandparents in the past few days and it's so sad.

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!