Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fuller's Festival

The last activity (that I haven't posted on) from last weekend (that I actually took pictures at) was Fuller's Festival. Fuller Goldsmith is a little boy Emma Claire's age who has been fighting (so far succesfully) Leukemia for the last 2 years. This was a way for his family to give back and raise money to support Children's Hospital of Alabama. It was a BLAST - there were lots of jumpy things, carnival RIDES - the pirate ship, twist and shout and a carousel. Emma Claire rode all 3 and Wilson and I rode Twist and Shout - spins around and around and around. I thought he was going to throw up - it lasted about 5 times longer than a normal ride - I just kept telling him to look down - not to look at the world spinning around him. I have never been more glad to get off a ride than I was then - being covered in puke was not my idea of a good time.
There were sack races, games, bubbles, food, entertainment - everything you can imagine. I've heard it was a huge success!!!! WE sure had a great time!




Oh! and Emma Claire still wears her glasses everyday, we just temporarily LOST them that morning, but she found them that afternoon in her cup holder in my car!








The prizes they gave out at the games were Croc charms - that you put in the holes of our Crocs - Emma Claire was thrilled when she finally realized what they were - she must have won 20 of them. Their Crocs will NEVER be the same again!






Emma Claire got on the ship with about 10 teenaged girls - she was soaking up the attention!








Henderson and Stanton - sweet cousins chillin' on Henderson's Birthday!



I had a TON more pictures to share (of course) but my computer decided to keep going offline everytime I tried to upload pictures, so that's all for now!

3 comments:

Leigh Collins said...

We had so much fun too! Morgan was so funny - I asked MM if she remembered her from gymnastics and Morgan said, "I thought she looked familiar!" What a great day and what a great cause!

Leigh Collins said...

Hey, where do you find all of those great ribbons for EC's hair? I cannot ever find anything but plain grosgrain ribbon!

Amanda said...

Glad y'all can enjoy the jumpy things. Blake won't come within 30feet of one. We rented one for his pirate birthday party last year and apparently we have scarred him for life! Henderson is getting so big and cuter every day if that is possible!

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!