Friday, October 17, 2008

Our Week at the Beach in Pictures (and a few words)




We had an AWESOME week at the beach this past week. Emma Claire is still there until Sunday with my dear friend, Ashley, and SIL Ellen. I miss her alot, but I know she is having a blast {though they say she is not missing me a bit =( } I think she gets that from her mommy!!! The weather couldn't have been better, the children were great (other than Wilson waking up and staying up b/w 4:30-5:00 am EVERY morning - but that's another post entirely). As you can see in the pictures, the water was clear and as smooth as glass the first 3 days, but then overnight turned very rough - but good times were had - Emma Claire loved the little hermit crabs - I bet we caught 100 of them! All of the children played well together (all 9 of them at one point), had a great time, as did the adults - thanks to our ground floor, right on the pool condo. It worked out perfectly - we could let the babies sleep or sit in their exersaucers inside while we watched the big kids out at the pool - our patio was 3 feet from our chairs!!! I'm so very thankful for such wonderful family and friends to spend good times with!

























8 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are back and that you had fun!

Anonymous said...

You are so on top of things - I mean, I would never think about pictures of the kids on the beach in Christmas outfits! Beautiful! Hope you use those for Christmas cards. I may have to steal your idea - we may go to the beach next week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

Anonymous said...

Kellie,
Thanks for the comment. I was pretty sure the only people reading were my family and friends! You're family is beautiful and what a fabulous trip ya'll had!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of EC and Wilson at the water with the sunset! Glad you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! Love the family photo - is that your Christmas card photo? It's beautiful.

I had to laugh about the exersaucer photo! I remember the days well. We would start off at the beginning of our trip toting everything "baby" we owned to the beach - we looked like a traveling Babies R Us store. By the end of the trip, we just took the baby, a bottle and a few diapers to the beach! We were too tired to lug anything else! Enjoy those times. I sure do miss them (and the laughs that went with them).


Allyson

Anonymous said...

Yeah,,,, I want to know what camera you are using too. Love the pictures! We tried to get our Christmas card picture too. Hope it turns out, we'll see.

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture with the blue outfits, but my very favorite is *Christmas on the beach*!! Beautiful family!

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!