Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Finale!


















Well, we went out with a bang - the last night at the beach we all dressed up and attempted some portrait shots. This may seem simple to some, but with 7 children, 7 and under, it's no easy task. I have to say, they did great though - I was a sweaty mess when all was said and done - I never knew photography could be so taxing - whewwww!!!!!




We left the beach at 7:30 last night and made it home by 1:00 am. We decided we would rather drive while the children slept and have all day Saturday at home than to wait around until Saturday to leave and then deal with 3 wide awake, antsy children and have only the evening hours to unpack and get organized. The first hour was tough - Emma Claire slept and Wilson watched his show, but Henderson, well, he did not want his bottle or anything else and I couldn't figure out why
















UNTIL.....








You guessed it (or maybe you didn't)








He had a rough coughing spell, related to the cold and fever he's had all week and PUKED all over himself in the carseat. Of course we were in the "can't even get a cell phone signal" area in between Panama City and Enterprise, so I did my best to clean him up while he remained fastened in his car seat with a box of wipes and a Target bag. We finally made it to a little town and stopped at a gas station. I changed his clothes, the other 2 went to the potty and we were off again.








We made it to Enterprise, and took a wrong turn (thanks to Will talking on his cell phone and me not paying any attention at all). Headed right into Fort Rucker - now, I grew up in Dothan and have heard of Ft. Rucker all my life, but never had been there.




Well, now I have.








15 minutes out of the way and a little helicopter sight seeing and we were back on track. All 3 children were finally asleep and then the rain began. Rain harder than I've ever driven through - and it was midnight and we seemed to always be in a construction zone with an 18-wheeler beside us when the torrential falls began. If that won't bring you to prayin' I don't know what will. I'm just glad it was Will driving and not me








We made it safe and sound and got to see sweet Daisy, who was back from a trip to the vet with 3 different medications and a twice a day foot soak. She's going to be okay, but her foot is really swollen and has a 3 inch open gash. She's limping around and licking it alot (which the children, and I, for that matter, think is SOOOO disgusting). But it could have been a LOT worse. We're so thankful for great friends who stepped in and took care of her and for Daisy being a fighter and not giving up during what was probably a LONG day of hanging upside down with her hind foot caught at the top of the fence.








Now on to more pictures of our last days at the beach - just for the dress-up night, I took 685 pictures - I've never been more glad and thankful for an SLR digital camera!!!!!


















































Don't ask how we got them all looking at the camera - I was in the picture, remember. All I know is that we found a sweet lady walking the beach all by herself, enjoying the peace of the sunset and we put her through much more than she ever asked for, let me just leave it at that.



















































































































We all had SO MUCH fun, the weather was perfect, the children were great, the adults were all healthy and happy, God has been good to us, to give us such great family that we all get along so well. I am tired and getting a touch of Henderson's sickness. All the bags are unpacked, the house is full of laughter and toys and all is back to normal. I am thankful for the day full of rain today, because had it been sunny and warm, I'm sure we would have headed to the pool. Emma Claire woke up asking for Chandler and Patton to come play or to go to their house. We needed a day to just BE AT HOME. Tomorrow is another day, full of worship and fellowship and enjoying 2 choir/music programs - at church and the children's school (AT THE SAME TIME). I'll let you know how THAT goes!!!!!
I'll leave you with this......which will show up again, many years from now, in a yearbook or at a Rehearsal Dinner or Graduation party!!!!!!!


10 comments:

patti arace said...

Beautiful pics! I'm jealous of all their clothes that I can't afford LOL!

Lea Liz said...

Looks like you all had such a good time adn all of the photos are soo good!!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Great pictures!!!! I'm glad you had such a great time!!!

Melody said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Glad you had a great time. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Abby Maddox said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!! Glad yall had so much fun :)

Ford Family said...

Girl...you put that SLR to work!! All the pics are FAB!

Our Family said...

Glad that ya'll had a great time! Love the pictures

andi said...

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

Tara said...

Kellie Dear,
You inspire me to know that there is hope in having a great body after kids! I'm getting the urge to go run again today!

mary caroline said...

hey kellie! I just loved the beach family pictures and all the coordinating kids' outfits were absolutely adorable! glad you had a fun vacay :)

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!