Friday, May 27, 2011

May

The month of May came unbeknownst to most Tuscaloosians.  Most of us were still in shock by the tornado that swept through here 1 month ago - schools were closed, the University shut down, all activities were canceled..most of the time I even felt guilty for doing normal everyday things like laundry.  I felt like I "should" be out helping someone else.  But life does go on and we are now back to our "new normal" around here.  The city is still ravaged and many are still homeless, but rebuilding has begun and I'm so thankful we live in a city where those in charge are committed to making it a better place than it was before!

We thankfully celebrated Henderson's birthday the Saturday before the tornado hit.  His birthday was May 2nd and he turned 3 years old - how can that be!!!????  My baby, my last, the one who says "We Married" everytime we kiss - isn't that the cutest thing!!!??





 In case you haven't noticed, Henderson and Wilson are both very much into superheros!!!!  A spiderman party it was - just a simple dinner with some family and friends on a beautiful April evening!





 Henderson, I love you with all my heart!!!!!
 May also brought (eventually) choir programs that had been postponed, school programs, gymnastics recitals, softball games and many other end of the school year events!!!!  Emma Claire grew leaps and bounds in her gymnastics abilities this year!!!!  She can now do a front limber and backbend kickover!!!!





 Summertime - we love you and hope to enjoy each and every minute!!!!!

7 comments:

Tonja said...

The children are as beautiful as ever! I hope that you all have a fun summer with lots of sun and blue skies! God bless!

Forty Two East said...

Wow, great photos of the birthday party. LOVE the blonde curly hair too. (Just came across your blog through blogger.)

Kelly said...

I love his curls! The pics are adorable, looks like it was a lot of fun!

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

super cute blog! love it!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Kellie,

Just decided to check in on you. I followed your blog for so long and loved that we both have an Emma Claire! Hope things are ok!

. said...

Hello, I am an Italian girl and I happened on your blog by accident. I know of the tornado that hit your city and I am so sorry for you. Courage!

bubblegum casting said...

love his hair!!

Will's side of the family

Will's side of the family

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

Kellie's side of the family (minus a few)

How we REALLY like to dress!

How we REALLY like to dress!

Lots of Love!

Lots of Love!

Best Friends!

Best Friends!

Children being children!

Children being children!